Monday, April 2, 2007

Imagekind!

Yesterday I went to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. It rained in the morning, but by the time I went in the afternoon, it was turning out to be a decent day. I got a handful of good shots, which I have uploaded here. You can actually purchase them as basic prints, framed art, or on canvas. So if you've got cabin fever, and want to bring some color into your home, please support a emerging artist and make a purchase. I won't hate you if you don't, but I'll love you if you do.

It was pretty crowded there, with being near the Basillica and all...I think alot of people came straight from church, since I saw more than a few kids decked out in spring dresses. And the Easter Bunny was there, so parents brought their kids to get pictures taken with him. And the Corning Museum of Glass was there doing demonstrations. My friend Sue, who I went with, tried to take a picture of me while I was loading a new roll of film into my camera. I wouldn't look up, because I never really like how I look in photos, so I told her to just snap one while I wasn't paying any attention and adjusting my camera. She didn't want to do that, and called me a chicken. Some guy was walking by with a camera, overheard the exchange and said "Don't you know photographer's don't like having their photo taken?" And I said "That's right!" That's why I always say I like being behind the camera, rather than in front of it.

I'll probably go back there next week, before the Spring Show ends, to get some more photos when it's not as crowded, and I have more film. Yesterday I had both my brother's digital, and my 35mm and it got a little crazy switching back and forth. I think I looked all bad-ass with all my gear hanging all over the place. I can't wait to get a digital SLR....

0 comments: